Sunday, April 10, 2011

welcome to the jungle - the concrete jungle at least...

Some common questions I have faced from friends once telling them I have decided to start a blog about dating in New York City:

Do you want to be Carrie Bradshaw?: My answer is decidedly no. While I love Ms. Bradshaw, I have no where near her prowess and will probably only be conveying stories of my dud dates or the ones that have really left me scratching my head in confusion.

Do you hate men?: Absolutely not! I love men - men are wonderful. Even the ones that will be depicted here are only done so in light hearted jest. After all they were all gentlemen in their own right and as such I will only be using the code names they have been dubbed while hiding their actual identities.

Why a blog?: Well after retelling stories of the dates I have been on to friends and family - it seems only fair to share the humor with anyone else that might care to read it.

What if someone figures out it's you?: In that case, I hope no one ever does - lest for the friends who I have made the blog public knowledge to - and even if that does somehow occur (although I am strictly keeping everything general and depersonalized) I would hope they would see it in the same vein of humor that it is being written in.

What is with the title?: After talking it over with my friend B this weekend, he came to the conclusion that the funniest parts of my stories were always my exit strategies - apparently they are never boring and never start with "I have to go shampoo my hair"...

So with that being said - I will give you this slight composition of myself; petite, brunette, single for the first time in quite some time, recently back in New York, a grad student by day and amateur sociologist by night - enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment